As a songwriter, I sometimes have thoughts or ideas that wouldn't particularly make a good song. This is the outlet for that stuff...

Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Worst Cars Ever Built


Internet list

Had Dodge Aspen at number 3

Just like the dark green one

My dad bought for

My sisters

The one that him and I spent

Hours together

Rebuilding the rusty front fender

After an accident

The one that I inherited

After college

The one that was parked on the street

When a young driver hit that

Very same fender

And I learned to deal with insurance companies

The car that taught me everything I know about

Fixing brakes

And replacing belts and hoses

That car that never once got stuck

In the snow

When the transmission went out

I prayed for a miracle

And my friend Milo helped me tow it

To a back-woods garage he knew of

And the mechanic just happened to have

That particular torque converter

Leaning up against the side of

His barn

I will never again own a car that's

Transmission was fixed for

A hundred twenty five bucks

And when we finally gave it away

The happy new owners

Thanked us

Without caring that this was

One of the worst cars ever built


1 comment: