As a songwriter, I sometimes have thoughts or ideas that wouldn't particularly make a good song. This is the outlet for that stuff...

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Biggest Spider I Ever Saw



Was high up in the corner of the
Eave behind the downspout
His web was thick as cotton

And you could barely see 'im
He wasn't movin' any
He was just waitin'

I went back inside the house
Mom was watchin' TV
She was real quiet

There was smoke and people running
And the skyscrapers fell like
A pile of logs in a campfire

And the man on the TV said
Planes flew into them
I went back outside

I looked for planes in the blue sky
Then I found a long stick and
Went back to the corner of the house

The spider was gone now
I poked his web and curled it
Around the end of my stick

But he didn't come out so I
Wiped the stick on the green grass and
Broke it over my knee

Yeah, that was the biggest spider I ever saw


No comments:

Post a Comment