As a songwriter, I sometimes have thoughts or ideas that wouldn't particularly make a good song. This is the outlet for that stuff...

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

GPS Girl



Take me away

Your voice is reassuring

Patient and firm

You know right where we're going


You sound like you're tall

And a little bit older than me

Your hair must be brown

Soft – to your shoulders


I like how you say “nine-TEE four”

There's a smile in your voice

I picture you here

Pointing and laughing


Oh! I turned too soon

You're recalculating

You sound irritated

Now, don't be upset


Please! Stop for a minute!

I can't make a U-turn!

I'll turn around soon

Did I hear you sigh?


We're back on our course

I can tell you sound colder

I picture you with eyes closed

Leaning your head on the window


Now we've arrived

You'll take me home later

You'll speak to the side window

And I'll drive in silence


No comments:

Post a Comment