As a songwriter, I sometimes have thoughts or ideas that wouldn't particularly make a good song. This is the outlet for that stuff...

Monday, December 6, 2010

Remembering Eden


It's been too many years now

And I can't remember your face

But every once in awhile

Familiarity taps me on the shoulder

And there's a song

A laugh

That gently rustles these mental leaves

I don't know if it was spring or fall

But when I am barefoot

I feel like that's the way it was

With you

In the coolness

And all I know

Is that you can take the man out of the garden

But you can't take the garden

Out of the man

2 comments:

  1. OK here is a comment - Wow! And this is wow for all of these poems. I love them. Cool. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one... don't know if it's spring or fall... the coolness.. barefoot... I walked it while I read it.

    ReplyDelete