As a songwriter, I sometimes have thoughts or ideas that wouldn't particularly make a good song. This is the outlet for that stuff...

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hello, Neighbor



Seeing you there in the driveway reminds me
I have a letter of yours
Delivered to me by mistake

It looked quite important
So I thought I would bring it to your house in person
You've been expecting it for over two weeks?

Well, I guess it could have been two weeks ago
As soon as I saw it among bills and flyers
I set it aside to bring to you later

But it became shuffled among notes and papers
Out of sight, out of mind, I guess you could say
(That phone number there on the back I'll be needing)

When I found it again, it needed to dry
(Yes, that is the coffee stain there)
Would a good neighbor deliver it wet?

While drying, somehow, it was knocked off the counter
But Lucky, our dog, found it just three days later
(Yes, those are his teeth marks there)

And seeing you here through the window
I remembered it still in the freezer (don't ask!)
And like the good neighbor I so try to be

I brought it directly (Oh, by the way
I cut out the stamp for my daughter's collection-
I hope you don't mind)

No comments:

Post a Comment